Friday, November 26, 2010

Tokyo ry:n perinteiset joulumyyjäiset @ Lume


Today I visited a market with my talented friend Amanda (check out her blog here). It's a traditional event before Christmas where students of Aalto University - School of Art and Design Helsinki are selling their pieces of art: graphics, textiles, glass and ceramics, jewelry, paintings etc.

This is something I got: "Rapua rapua" -necklace by Pohatta Design. I really like the colour and the fact that the designer has found a way to make use of something that normally gets thrown away as waste.



If you're in Helsinki this weekend, I recommend you check this happening out. It's open until Sunday 28th between 9 am and 6 pm at Media Centre Lume (TaiK building), Hämeentie 135 C, Helsinki. You get there by trams 6 and 8 or buses 68, 71 and 74 for example.

Have a nice weekend!

-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment